Tuesday, January 29, 2008

If it's not working CHANGE IT

Well Fridays meet was a big let down, I had a goal of 17' and failed badly. I only managed 15'9" my only bar. So after that i went back to the drawing board talked some things over with coach and well changed it all. No more 8 strides for now just 6 or 7, no more 16' poles for now just 15' or my new 15'6"ers. Well Monday I got things rolling right away from 6 strides i was on a 15' 165 gripping 14'6" and taking off at 12'. I am really working on increasing my angle and hold higher then the sail piece. From 7 lefts which is a run I have never had I was taking off at 13' on a 15' 18.1 then transitioned to a new pole of mine 15' 17.4. Things were definitely changing, my take off was free and i was finishing every vault. Till the end were I was getting tired. I made a 16'6"bungee cleanly gripping 14'8"ish. So for the rest of indoor my goal is to work on my take- off angle and finish every vault. I will jump at OU this weekend and use my new run and 15' poles. Hope to see ya there.
"I STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO AND BIG THINGS TO COME"

No comments: